Friday, January 25, 2008

The Bog Blog:

I'm working on a project for my Natural History of Vermont class. The assignment is to do a report on a particular natural community in Vermont, so I chose the Colchester Bog. It turns out to be a pretty interesting site. I've gone through it many times without knowing it, because the Burlington Bikepath goes right through it, shortly before reaching the old railroad causeway.

  • Here is an article about the Colchester Bog, and here is another one. (I'm surprised the first one doesn't mention the Black Gum trees that are present there).

    I went there yesterday and today and took these pictures:
  • Yesterday
  • Today

    I'll have to go back in the summer and take the same pictures again for seasonal comparison.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home